Teachers and Educators: Please note here are some grants available through National Geographic that you can apply for. Please be sure to check for application deadlines and submissions.
Early Career Grant:
- An Early Career Grant application is a request for funding that offers individuals their first opportunity to lead their own project. The applicant is not required to have an advanced degree. However, a record of prior experience in his or her field is expected. An applicant is eligible to receive only one Early Career Grant. If you have received a Young Explorers Grant, you are not eligible to apply for an Early Career Grant. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and decisions are usually made within two months of application submission.
- Typically up to US $5,000.
- A Standard Grant application is a request for funding that does not have the urgent time constraints of an Expedited Grant application (see below). The applicant and his or her team members are expected to have clear records of successful completion of similar projects with measurable and/or tangible results. Applications should be submitted at least six months before the project start date.
- Typically up to US $30,000
- An Expedited Grant application is a rare request for funding that requires a rapid response due to exceptional circumstances. The applicant will be asked to describe the need for urgency (e.g., natural disaster, imminent demolition or destruction of an area, time-sensitive event) in the application. Project start dates are usually less than one month from the time of proposal submission. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and decisions are made as quickly as possible.
- Typically up to US $15,000
Click here to go to the National Geographic Website to apply today!