For further information please contact Ed Argenta, BIOS educator: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 25 – 30, 2018
This Educator Training Workshop offers pre-service, middle and high school teachers, curriculum specialists, administrators, and informal educators the opportunity to learn how to plan and execute future educational field study courses for their students at BIOS. Between June 25 – 30, 2018, up to 12 participants will take part in this educational workshop and explore themes for potential future visiting groups such as:
- Oceanography and Marine Science: including lab and STEM activities, coral reef exploration, and low tide collection of certain species.
- Gliders: an introduction to cutting-edge glider technology, and how these underwater robots can revolutionize ocean studies and student involvement in the classroom.
- Island Ecologyand Geology:Nonsuch Islandconservation of rare and threatened species (including the Cahow) and habitats.
- Bermuda and U.S. History: colonization ofSt George’s, Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War.
- Scientific Exploration Past and Present:William Beebe, global climate initiative and AUV gliders.
During the 6-day workshop at BIOS, attendees will be provided with an overview of local attractions and the way in which these can be integrated into future educational experiences for students. Participants will explore Whalebone Bay,Cooper’s Island, andFort St. Catherine, and highlights such as Nonsuch Island, the beautiful North Rock, the city ofHamilton, and theBermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo. Participants will get to know local Bermudian terminology, get a unique perspective on the historic town of St George’s, and learn more about the geography of Bermuda.
Enrollment for this educational workshop is limited to 12 participants, tuition fee is $1,150.
(Participation is on a first-come, first -serve registration.)
Participants are welcome to stay extra nights after the course is complete for $75.00 a night, plus any required meals.
(Tuition covers room & board at BIOS, all transportation during the workshop, as well as all lab fees, lecture fees and any admission fees. It does NOT cover your airfare or cab fare to BIOS)
More information is located here on the BIOS website: